June 11-24, 2022 | Northwest Flow Severe Weather/Ring of Fire

ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist
Just now, Neoncyclone said:

Silver lining is that the MCS does come through to the north just several hours later on this run

I'm not sure I want to mess with this setup either way given the heat wave coming. I'd prefer to not be without AC this week.

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 2

Just now, ClicheVortex2014 said:

I'm not sure I want to mess with this setup either way given the heat wave coming. I'd prefer to not be without AC this week.

Yeah, that's one thing almost all of us are going to get regardless, lots of heat. I'm not excited.

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

0z HRRR wasn't just a one-and-done crazy solution... which is unlikely in the first place... but 01z backs up the idea presented by 0z. Not that well-defined of a MCV, but there's certainly 500mb support.

Those of us in SW OH who have followed severe weather for years knows what usually happens when you have convection in E IA in the mid-late morning in a NW flow ring of fire setup. 

image.thumb.png.d8834e2b5d73542de3f9e44a2b1cea0b.png

image.thumb.png.982557aaa5188f139962bdcbaaff9d52.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
6 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Jym Ganahl just showed this system coming through at sunset tomorrow.. but most models are showing early morning Tuesday. What the heck.

I think TV meteorologists have access their own exclusive model or something. I saw a model posted by my friend this afternoon and it matched up with none of the models we have access to. I've noticed this before.

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, StormfanaticInd said:

General theme seems to be multiple severe mcs for tomorrow. Hopefully there are no serious power outages. That could make for a very uncomfortable week with this heat coming 

We had a scare here a couple hours ago. AC wasn't working randomly. My room already ran like 4 degrees warmer than the rest of the house. Dunno what you call it but turned all the electricity of the house off and on and it started working again. I was afraid I was gonna go 4 straight days of sweating my ass off while trying to sleep. More than usual, anyway.

2 minutes ago, snowlover2 said:

After those 0z CAM's, i'd be pretty shocked if the slight risk wasn't expanded south again maybe into N KY at the very least.

Agreed. After all, this is why we were kept in the marginal risk. I still have questions about tomorrow though... should be answered by the time I wake up.

• LIKE 1

18 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Very scary

image.thumb.png.ee53c3a73f874fef9985497336391f21.png

Looks like it did produce at one point.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RAPID CITY SD
756 PM MDT SUN JUN 12 2022

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

0750 PM     TORNADO          8 NE PHILIP             44.13N 101.55W
06/12/2022                   HAAKON             SD   FIRE DEPT/RESCUE

TORNADO REPORTED BY VOLUNTEER FIRE FIGHTER

• Admin
17 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

General theme seems to be multiple severe mcs for tomorrow. Hopefully there are no serious power outages. That could make for a very uncomfortable week with this heat coming 

Yes.. just weird that Jym showed the first wave but said it’d be fine after that around here. I do not want to deal with another derecho-like system. Especially with the approaching heat. Go away.

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Radar beam is looking at this storm at around 7200 feet above ground so this isn't a good representation of what's going on at the surface. But it's an extremely chaotic situation and an EF2+ could develop very quickly.

image.thumb.png.df8ccc1b49d138daf495bc2fef7f932d.png

4 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Radar beam is looking at this storm at around 7200 feet above ground so this isn't a good representation of what's going on at the surface. But it's an extremely chaotic situation and an EF2+ could develop very quickly.

image.thumb.png.df8ccc1b49d138daf495bc2fef7f932d.png

Gross!