June 11-24, 2022 | Northwest Flow Severe Weather/Ring of Fire

ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist

Looking like early next week will be a repeat of this week with respect to temperatures. 96 degrees on Tuesday, 97 on Wednesday. This is dumb. I really hope we're not in for another 2011 or 2012. 

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1
  • YUCK 2

• Meteorologist
7 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Looking like early next week will be a repeat of this week with respect to temperatures. 96 degrees on Tuesday, 97 on Wednesday. This is dumb. I really hope we're not in for another 2011 or 2012. 

Ouch I hope not we had some pretty intense heat then. So far things have been relatively tame over this way have had more days in the 90s in May than june so far, which has been 1 day and that was at the beginning of the month up my way and may add another from the looks of long range maybe.

Pretty crazy that just to the west has had some really intense heat.

Been a pretty wild ride watching this unfold.

Edited by so_whats_happening

2 hours ago, Chinook said:

Toledo heat indices, official high temperature records

gaJI8IX_.png

toledo_heat_indices.jpg

Next we week looks pretty brutal by heat wave standards. Been a while since we've had something like this. 

Edited by NWOhioChaser

Severe Weather Statement National Weather Service Pittsburgh PA 502 PM EDT Thu Jun 16 2022 OHC013-059-067-157-162115- /O.CON.KPBZ.SV.W.0092.000000T0000Z-220616T2115Z/ Harrison OH-Guernsey OH-Belmont OH-Tuscarawas OH- 502 PM EDT Thu Jun 16 2022 ...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 515 PM EDT FOR SOUTHERN HARRISON...NORTHEASTERN GUERNSEY...NORTHWESTERN BELMONT AND SOUTHEASTERN TUSCARAWAS COUNTIES... At 502 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Freeport, moving southeast at 30 mph. THIS IS A DESTRUCTIVE STORM! HAZARD...Baseball size hail and 60 mph wind gusts. SOURCE...Trained weather spotters.

• Meteorologist

NWS offices discovered the two MCSs produced a tornado each in Ohio

Although the limbs that fell in front of my house were dead, driving around I've seen more larger and alive limbs that fell. I assumed I didn't get severe wind but apparently so. Hard to gauge wind speed from just watching.

Also, we're up to 5 significant wind reports... definitely past the 3-4 that are required for classification.

image.png.ce723b3c25d7d93e76b829f2804c88e7.png

• LIKE 1