June 11-24, 2022 | Northwest Flow Severe Weather/Ring of Fire

ClicheVortex2014

• Admin

Over 150k without power in the state of Ohio, and I am so grateful I am not one of them. A huge thank you to all of you knowledgeable severe weather folks who led the charge with posting and informing! 

• THUMBS UP 2
  • LOVE 2

Still no power in my hood. Thank goodness for propane camp stoves, Ryobi battery operated fans and my Jackery power generator. Might be a long day coupled with the fact the city will turn off the water to repair a main up the street. Thanks to everyone for keeping us updated last night… It is much appreciated! 🥰

• LIKE 5

Still waiting on word of damage. I know all are safe and that is what matters the most. I'm sorry if I seemed dramatic last night. I just felt helpless. I can't thank you all enough for what you do!!! From the bottom of my heart, thank you!!!!!

• LIKE 5
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 3

Power came back on in my hood at about 9:30 this morning. Only 11 hours without....very grateful for that. Hope others are able to get back on the grid before it gets too toasty. That's enough MCS's for a while around these parts!

• LIKE 4
  • THUMBS UP 1

21 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Power back on. 18 hours without. Guess all the fridge stuff is toast!

As long as you didn’t open it a lot it may be ok. At least some of it. I wouldn’t eat like eggs or anything. But…. 18 hours is a while. Better toss it to be safe lol. 

• Meteorologist

Currently 93 degrees, 78 dew point with 109 degree heat index in Cincinnati. So glad I didn't lose power.

image.thumb.png.9af9991bfafa8485ab06aad699ac012a.png

The northern MCS turned out to be a derecho. Southern one lacked significant wind reports. The reason the southern one wasn't as intense is due to weaker shear

image.png.f4e8ee36a7f4276f2672461f0ed3e41b.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • YUCK 1

Just now, Sam said:

91 with an 82 dewpoint, which is an all time record for Columbus according a local tv met.  Heat index a balmy 113.

Yea its an instant swamp out there. Feel bad for those still w/o power. 

• Meteorologist

Not sure how reliable this observation is, but there's a station reporting 93/81. 114 degree heat index. I sure hope this isn't a sign of the summer to come. It's never a good thing when weather is compared to 2011.

image.thumb.png.d03ea3078a6e4f6304c31102ccf993ff.png

• Meteorologist
Just now, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Not sure how reliable this observation is, but there's a station reporting 93/81. 114 degree heat index. I sure hope this isn't a sign of the summer to come. It's never a good thing when weather is compared to 2011.

image.thumb.png.d03ea3078a6e4f6304c31102ccf993ff.png

I'd say it's reliable because CMH is reporting something worse. CMH is only an international airport so their equipment is probably pretty good

image.png.cdb86f3cbaf6e9b30b09dc5ed96deb0d.png

• SHOCKED 1

Clouds held on for most of the day here in Columbus so the temperature hasn’t been crazy, but that dewpoint has been raging all day. 82 DP with a 115 HI here. It’s unbearable out there. 

And not many power outages with the storms last night, but TONS today. Not sure why but I’m assuming an overload of the grid? Mine was on all day until 415pm. Hoping for a quick return. 

• SHOCKED 1