April 27-May 6, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak Sequence

ElectricStorm

• Meteorologist
12 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Could be a small debris signature

Screenshot_20220506-201035_RadarScope.thumb.jpg.f7599a4aa5bfe006afc7dc33c536cfb5.jpg

Screenshot_20220506-201030_RadarScope.jpg

Seems to be that kind of day, thankfully... weak debris signatures. Could be a lot worse

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

• 1 month later...
  • Meteorologist

Update of the legendary tornado video from Reed. I don't think it's disputable to say that this is the best tornado video ever captured. Only argument is some footage from 2013 El Reno, but I think the quality of the video and structure of the tornado sets this one apart. 2013 El Reno was great for showing how a tornado can grow so large, and for demonstrating a multi-vortex tornado/satellite tornadoes. But this is unreal.

8 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Update of the legendary tornado video from Reed. I don't think it's disputable to say that this is the best tornado video ever captured. Only argument is some footage from 2013 El Reno, but I think the quality of the video and structure of the tornado sets this one apart. 2013 El Reno was great for showing how a tornado can grow so large, and for demonstrating a multi-vortex tornado/satellite tornadoes. But this is unreal.

I remember watching the livestream as this all happened, it was insane, probably the best livestream footage of a tornado as well, being in town he had great signal throughout. It was definitely one I won't forget anytime soon.

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
7 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

I remember watching the livestream as this all happened, it was insane, probably the best livestream footage of a tornado as well, being in town he had great signal throughout. It was definitely one I won't forget anytime soon.

I'm sad that this happened after I took meso. My meso professor researches tornadogenesis/tornadoes in general. We spent a class watching 2013 El Reno videos and a meso lab on the 5/24/11 tornadoes. I'm sure she enjoyed watching Reeds' tornadoes, hopefully she'll incorporate it in future classes. 

• LIKE 1