April 27-May 6, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak Sequence

ElectricStorm

Just now, Neoncyclone said:

I feel like i'd warn this even with no clear signal of a tornado currently, looks like it really wants to do something

Screenshot_20220504-225722_RadarScope.jpg

Is that the one west of Atlus?

• Meteorologist
2 minutes ago, voltwaffle said:

Cold now here in Moore

I'm sure that's a comforting feeling but you're not done. There's a severe warning to your west. Since TLX is down, can't get a great read on the cell but it's unlikely it'll be tornadic. Probably just hail and maybe wind. But I guess you can't count out a tornado.

image.thumb.png.935df7546dbd496b3ddd8a21f1892742.png

The good news is that this line moving towards OKC isn't as strong as models had it. 30 hatched wind risk up for C OK but unless something changes I'm not seeing anything more than regular storms with a few severe warnings here and there. Boundary is south of Noble now so the entire OKC metro should be fine from any tornado risk. 

Just now, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Seems the MCS isn't gonna evolve as expected earlier... good news for the areas most impacted today, but gotta wonder what this will change for tomorrow

floop-hrrr-2022050503.refcmp.us_sc.gif

I guess thats what I meant earlier when I questioned the MCS

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, Neoncyclone said:

I guess thats what I meant earlier when I questioned the MCS

Very unusual for HRRR to underestimate discrete/semi-discrete storm mode longevity and that's gotta be what happened here. Weird.

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Very unusual for HRRR to underestimate discrete/semi-discrete storm mode longevity and that's gotta be what happened here. Weird.

I think storms not overspreading Central North Texas like early HRRR runs suggested played a big part, There is a small MCS out there but it originated from just south of the panhandle

Edited by Neoncyclone
  • LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, OKwx_2001 said:

Interesting day setting up for tomorrow. Upgrade to enhanced risk including a 10% tornado area

day2otlk_1730.gif.f7258c16f03d208b4ac63656fc7196b7.gif

day2probotlk_1730_torn.gif.eea46b9e469234c9230529092c9202bc.gif

That's just to my NW (Currently in Orlando, Florida still, will be back home next week), I know a relative near Phenix City, AL