April 27-May 6, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak Sequence

ElectricStorm

• Meteorologist
3 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Got some storm interference coming into the Fredrick storm but if it survives that it's in the most favorable environment for a tornado right now.

Screenshot_20220504-221415_RadarScope.jpg

Agreed. Might be tornado warned again soon. The inbounds are pretty crazy.

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

4 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Got some storm interference coming into the Fredrick storm but if it survives that it's in the most favorable environment for a tornado right now.

Screenshot_20220504-221415_RadarScope.jpg

Val Castor has a tor on the ground

• Meteorologist

Meteorologically, there's just nothing like tornado season in the Plains. It sucks ass for anyone that lives in it, but meteorologically, it's just amazing. Nothing like it anywhere else on Earth. People come from all over the world to witness it.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-regional-southcentral-14-03_16Z-20220505_map_-24-1n-5-100.gif

• LIKE 1

1 minute ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Meteorologically, there's just nothing like tornado season in the Plains. I apologize to those who live in it, but meteorologically, just amazing. Nothing like it anywhere else on Earth.

CODNEXLAB-GOES-East-regional-southcentral-14-03_16Z-20220505_map_-24-1n-5-100.gif

I said it earlier, but we're going to see some crazy tornado tracks by the NWS, the supercells in Oklahoma occluded like crazy and that one tornado did a full loop 

617879633_KTLX-Super-ResCorrelationCoefficient18_41PM.thumb.gif.f6ac670d717efd76264fbe2323d9e179.gif

Edited by Neoncyclone
  • LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
55 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

I have no doubt they're likely correct.. My concern becomes how quickly these MCS can change the atmosphere. 

OKC is right on that line. It won't take much to move that front and an MCS.. I've seen it do weirder things. 

Then again severe wx is not my specialty. I may just be spouting nonsense and backing it up in my head with my "knowledge" 😂

47 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Well that is fair... in this case, any chaser that got caught in the tornado would've been torrential rainfall before it occludes. Not sure why they would've been there in the first place. But then again I'm not a chaser so they might've had a reason

This was retweeted from Mr. Deviant Motion himself, Cameron Nixon. Kinda backs up what both of us were saying, I think.

Again, this was a different scenario than than the 2013 El Reno tragedy.

• THANKS 1

3 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

This was retweeted from Mr. Deviant Motion himself, Cameron Nixon. Kinda backs up what both of us were saying, I think.

Again, this was a different scenario than than the 2013 El Reno tragedy.

Looks like that tornado that did a loop was actually a tornado trying to occlude but failing to do so possibly.

• SHOCKED 1

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, Neoncyclone said:

Looks like its still somewhat on the frontal zone too

720108858_Screenshot2022-05-04224546.thumb.png.0c878628f0b4676bf5b0a7bf3836284c.png

Mesoanalysis' 0-500m SRH parameter takes effective inflow into consideration, so it's good for detecting surface-based parcels and very low-level shear.

This is where we're at. Quite favorable for at least qlcs tornadoes without a supercell present. 

image.thumb.png.361e90ee5c2c428e559c8af5d16ecfd3.png

• THANKS 1