April 27-May 6, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak Sequence

ElectricStorm

3 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Well, we're now in unknown waters. Not sure what's gonna happen with this... how long it'll last, how severe, etc. Don't think any CAMs had this.

image.thumb.png.963e13f69f649a2808fe9f68c4f0a8e2.png

It's now on the Southern end of the Tornado Watch, it's going to get even stronger with the more favorable conditions in Central Oklahoma.

4 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

It's now on the Southern end of the Tornado Watch, it's going to get even stronger with the more favorable conditions in Central Oklahoma.

Bad deal for Central Oklahoma, I simply don't see the cells SE of OKC weakening now that they've got such a foothold. 

Just now, Neoncyclone said:

Bad deal for Central Oklahoma, I simply don't see the cells SE of OKC weakening now that they've got such a foothold. 

Once they get going, they're almost unstoppable. 

Getting some rain in Orlando right now

Enid, max wind of 55 kt from the northwest with rain. wind must have shifted from the southeast. Just think if you had to walk to your car.

METAR: KEND 022142Z AUTO 30039G55KT 3SM +TSRA SQ FEW007 BKN025 OVC046 22/19 A2947 RMK AO2 WSHFT 41 VIS 2 1/2 RWY17R VIS 2 1/4 RWY35L DZB23E25RAB25 TSB25 CIG 024 RWY35C SLP973

1 minute ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Definitely has a meso. Got that weak rain just southwest of the cell. Get rid of those and I'd be more concerned

image.thumb.png.aaca37d7b75b428957b27d8a38700644.png

The News 9 Storm chasers are apparently heading towards that storm because it's heading towards the OKC metro

• LIKE 2

• Admin
17 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Well, we're now in unknown waters. Not sure what's gonna happen with this... how long it'll last, how severe, etc. Don't think any CAMs had this.

image.thumb.png.963e13f69f649a2808fe9f68c4f0a8e2.png

OKC and surrounding areas are in for a long night. 

This is... well, If I was an OKC Emergency Manager I would have the kitchen sink on standby. 

• LIKE 2
  • THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Uscg Ast said:

OKC and surrounding areas are in for a long night. 

This is... well, If I was an OKC Emergency Manager I would have the kitchen sink on standby. 

If I was home, I would have the Storm Shelter ready to go.

• THUMBS UP 1

New HRRR run catches those supercells to the south, if accurate it's not good. One tracks right into OKC or very close, good news with it though, the line catches it right as it enters OKC.  The other shows deviant storm motion, slower moving, definitely a right-mover. Again, all depend on if the HRRR is right, and since it just now caught these storms in the first place, who knows. 

floop-hrrr-2022050221.refcmp_uh001h.us_c.gif.43d6fb0dd41821c11bbbddc08e878850.gif

Edited by Neoncyclone

• Meteorologist
Just now, Neoncyclone said:

New HRRR run catches those supercells to the south, if accurate it's not good. One tracks right into OKC or very close, the other shows deviant storm motion, slower moving, definitely a right-mover. Again, all depend on if the HRRR is right, and since it just now caught these storms in the first place, who knows. 

floop-hrrr-2022050221.refcmp_uh001h.us_c.gif.43d6fb0dd41821c11bbbddc08e878850.gif

That's an awful development if correct. If this supercell can clear the rain/weak convection, I'll be a lot more concerned as it appears to face Norman. We also have the nocturnal LLJ kicking in in 1-3 hours.

image.thumb.png.4ce4876d92b799ce6656a09cfe22adf2.png

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Storms to the north definitely went linear very quickly. I agree that the southern cell near Chickasha may be the biggest future threat by the nature of being discrete. 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
2 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

That's an awful development if correct. If this supercell can clear the rain/weak convection, I'll be a lot more concerned as it appears to face Norman. We also have the nocturnal LLJ kicking in in 1-3 hours.

image.thumb.png.4ce4876d92b799ce6656a09cfe22adf2.png

Never mind. I don't want to rule anything out but it's on a path to hit Norman if it continues its current trajectory. If it does develop into a significant supercell, it's likely to take more of an easterly motion and therefore stay south of Norman.

• LIKE 1