April 15-17, 2022 | Storms/Severe Weather

ElectricStorm

12 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

That storm was uniquely powerful, & extremely destructive, similar in terms of unexpectedness like the April 2020 Norman Hail/Windstorm.

There may have been a tornado in Northern Arkansas, but the extreme wind & hail has completely erased it's evidence.

Idk. I trust NWS offices & the experts. If they say no tornado then I trust it. They go on to explain the car flip report was a car crash due to the hail piled up. No pics of tornado. Just scud / maybe funnel.

Edited by Bman10

• Meteorologist
19 minutes ago, Bman10 said:

Just a tad…. Think all parties can learn from this. Can’t necessarily blame NWS. 

Perfect storm of radar hole and conditions being just possibly borderline favorable to believe the bad reports. Makes the NWS look bad but they were fed bad info and they had no resources available to make them question it

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

1 minute ago, Bman10 said:

Idk. I trust NWS offices & the experts. If they say no tornado then I trust it. They go on to explain the car flip report was a car crash due to the hail piled up. No pics of tornado. Just scud / maybe funnel.

My Spanish Teacher once told me that there was one case of a tornado that may have went undetected in Pauls Valley, OK, and even surveys did not find signs of one. There was wrapping around the trees at a church & debris that were uncharacteristic to straight line winds when he went to help out after the storms ended. But the surveys never said that there was a tornado.

This goes to show that there are cases where the tornado can suddenly pop up, then vanish in under 30 seconds like it never existed, and before the radar could pick up a couplet.

• LIKE 1

10 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

My Spanish Teacher once told me that there was one case of a tornado that may have went undetected in Pauls Valley, OK, and even surveys did not find signs of one. There was wrapping around the trees at a church & debris that were uncharacteristic to straight line winds when he went to help out after the storms ended. But the surveys never said that there was a tornado.

This goes to show that there are cases where the tornado can suddenly pop up, then vanish in under 30 seconds like it never existed, and before the radar could pick up a couplet.

That’s true. I just think tor E should be saved for actually visual confirmation (picture maybe?) plus TDS on radar . I guarantee the next office that issues a TOR e will be trying their damndest to make sure it’s warranted. Overall we are human and humans make mistakes. Also can’t catch every thing Mother Nature has to throw at us. 

17 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Perfect storm of radar hole and conditions being just possibly borderline favorable to believe the bad reports. Makes the NWS look bad but they were fed bad info and they had no resources available to make them question it

#NEEDMORERADARS

11 minutes ago, Bman10 said:

What is it with bassfield & Easter Sunday. They don’t mix well lol. Glad NWS isn’t seeing anythign to issue a Tor Warning 

D20280BB-9DBC-4681-86F1-45EB15BFD858.png

8 minutes ago, Bman10 said:

Well it’s tor warned now. 

reed timmer just posted this 

Was just about to say you spoke too soon

5EE838F3-E0A6-4C24-BA43-67DDFCAD09CF.png

• DISAPPOINTED 1

Looks like a nasty hailer in AL.

Severe Weather Statement
National Weather Service Mobile AL
817 PM CDT Sun Apr 17 2022

ALC035-099-180200-
/O.CON.KMOB.SV.W.0123.000000T0000Z-220418T0200Z/
Monroe AL-Conecuh AL-
817 PM CDT Sun Apr 17 2022

...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM CDT
FOR SOUTHEASTERN MONROE AND CONECUH COUNTIES...

At 816 PM CDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over Uriah, or 10
miles southwest of Frisco City, moving northeast at 25 mph.

HAZARD...Golf ball size hail.

SOURCE...Emergency management reported golf ball sized hail in Uriah
         in southern Monroe county. This is a dangerous storm and
         will likely result in hail damage.

IMPACT...People and animals outdoors will be injured. Expect damage
         to roofs, siding, windows, and vehicles.

Locations impacted include...
Monroeville, Evergreen, Frisco City, Peterman, Uriah, Excel, Repton
and I65 And US 84.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Prepare immediately for large hail and deadly cloud to ground
lightning. Seek shelter inside a well-built structure. Stay away from
windows.

&&

LAT...LON 3182 8691 3132 8691 3126 8737 3126 8748
      3123 8757 3124 8760 3135 8767
TIME...MOT...LOC 0116Z 234DEG 23KT 3131 8750

THUNDERSTORM DAMAGE THREAT...CONSIDERABLE