April 11-13, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak

ClicheVortex2014

Now that the event is mostly over, now we can talk about an underperformance. From a tornado perspective, today was by far the least impressive moderate risk day so far this year. However, from a wind perspective, the 45 hatched moderate certainly verified. There will likely be some more tornado reports from QLCS spin ups, but overall it seems like the morning convection really killed most of the tornado potential today which is good news after all the recent outbreaks. 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

• Meteorologist
31 minutes ago, OKwx_2001 said:

Now that the event is mostly over, now we can talk about an underperformance. From a tornado perspective, today was by far the least impressive moderate risk day so far this year. However, from a wind perspective, the 45 hatched moderate certainly verified. There will likely be some more tornado reports from QLCS spin ups, but overall it seems like the morning convection really killed most of the tornado potential today which is good news after all the recent outbreaks. 

Can't say this wasn't at least a possibility. The big question about today was whether there would be convection in the Southern Plains. That verified. As a result, the warm sector was quite chaotic.

Screenshot_20220414-211407_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a5f6b467ac4be55a0e7c77a39b56840b.jpg

The one north of I-69 is the one I mentioned yesterday & observed some of the damage. Not a big tornado but that's part of the exact path of 2016 EF-3. The DEC 10, 2021 EF-4 was just south of I-69 0.5 miles from this one. Just crazy.

Screenshot_20220414-211811_Facebook.thumb.jpg.4c600d48756a45d2db746b717d64609b.jpg

Edited by Grace
  • SHOCKED 1

• Meteorologist

Though we're not gonna see a good verification for the moderate risk for tornadoes on Wednesday, it's looking a little better than the 2 tornado reports at the end of the day.

image.png.5d0100b594bc2bc0899ec605cab0ba35.png

image.png.d03d333d40ef1f5a7b1855a5c8e2bb5e.png

SPC forecaster talking about what went wrong... and what went wrong is... 🤷‍♂️ Just one of those events where something threw a wrench in the mix. Coming from a SPC forecaster, who are the top tier of severe weather forecasters as far as I'm aware, the final sentence in this thread really represents the frustration/senselessness of forecasting the event: "However, after watching dozens of low-level circulations try to get their act together and fail, it is obvious that there was something wrong with the atmosphere today."

Edited by ClicheVortex2014