April 11-13, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak

ClicheVortex2014

• Admin
39 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

I'm aware, he had more experience than me and clearly had better interviews. Since I reworked my resume in October, I've heard back from 4 of 15 vacancy applications, which isn't bad considering. got 6 under review right now. It's a grind

Hang in there and know you’re appreciated here!

• THUMBS UP 5
  • THANKS 1

47 minutes ago, Grace said:

A tornado touched down just 0.5 miles from my mother in laws just north of purchase parkway (I-69). Not sure how much structure damage yet but light poles snapped, trees, shredded a giant billboard. 

BUT...check this out...Took same path as the 2016 EF-3. The DEC 10th EF-4 was just on the Southside of I-69...which hit my mother-in-laws house.  I would not advise anyone to live along that section of I-69.

I'm soaked...straight line winds tore of a 16×20 ft section of shingles off my house. Been tarping.  😐

Glad at least the humans involved  are ok. The other stuff can be fixed, as much of a pain in the ass as it may be. But we really are more delicate than we realize with these soft bodies and much harder to fix. 

• LIKE 2

• Meteorologist

Those inbounds south of Brookville suggests that there's a rear-inflow jet, which would suggest the severe threat is certainly there with this squall. The cell west of Brookville could become tornadic again because it's in the typical area for a tornadic cell to be with a bow echo to its southeast.

image.thumb.png.da93a822ba8be1b8ecbad1c2911f5e48.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
56 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

I'm aware, he had more experience than me and clearly had better interviews. Since I reworked my resume in October, I've heard back from 4 of 15 vacancy applications, which isn't bad considering. got 6 under review right now. It's a grind

It's definitely a grind, I hardly heard back before grad school. Probably had dozens of applications that I never even heard back from. I did gain a lot of interview experience with private sector companies pre-pandemic and that helped a ton. Mostly with my nerves. 

• LIKE 1

6 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

That cell west of Brookville has me suspicious. Velocity shows some strong inbound winds, and that's also the same region where you'd expect some outbounds (southerlies/southeasterlies)

image.thumb.png.da93a822ba8be1b8ecbad1c2911f5e48.png

Looks like there is hail in that cell now.  

1 hour ago, Grace said:

A tornado touched down just 0.5 miles from my mother in laws just north of purchase parkway (I-69). Not sure how much structure damage yet but light poles snapped, trees, shredded a giant billboard. 

BUT...check this out...Took same path as the 2016 EF-3. The DEC 10th EF-4 was just on the Southside of I-69...which hit my mother-in-laws house.  I would not advise anyone to live along that section of I-69.

I'm soaked...straight line winds tore of a 16×20 ft section of shingles off my house. Been tarping.  😐

Glad you are safe!!!! 💪

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 2

• Meteorologist
7 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

It's definitely a grind, I hardly heard back before grad school. Probably had dozens of applications that I never even heard back from. I did gain a lot of interview experience with private sector companies pre-pandemic and that helped a ton. Mostly with my nerves. 

I forgot you went to grad school. That definitely helps too haha. But that's why I view hearing back at all as a success. I'm still getting noticed, and any interview... written or zoom... is bonus.

Decent squall moving into Cincinnati. Got some weak areas of rotation in there.

image.thumb.png.585c4f069b83bea117d44d4ba5449e21.png

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Much like yesterday, today is turning into two primary areas of tornadic weather. We've got Dixie Alley again, but unlike previous events this year, the OV is taking off.

9 active tornado warnings... 2 of which are confirmed

041322-13.PNG

041322-12.PNG

Another confirmed tornado SE of New Castle KY.

Severe Weather Statement
National Weather Service Louisville KY
902 PM EDT Wed Apr 13 2022

KYC073-103-211-140115-
/O.CON.KLMK.TO.W.0021.000000T0000Z-220414T0115Z/
Shelby KY-Henry KY-Franklin KY-
902 PM EDT Wed Apr 13 2022

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 915 PM EDT FOR
NORTHEASTERN SHELBY...SOUTH CENTRAL HENRY AND NORTHWESTERN FRANKLIN
COUNTIES...

At 901 PM EDT, a confirmed tornado was located 9 miles southeast of
New Castle, moving northeast at 60 mph.

HAZARD...Damaging tornado and quarter size hail.

SOURCE...Radar confirmed tornado.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
         shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed. Damage
         to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur.  Tree damage is
         likely.

This tornadic thunderstorm will remain over mainly rural areas of
northeastern Shelby, south central Henry and northwestern Franklin
Counties, including the following locations... Elmburg, Franklinton,
Defoe, Delville, Bethlehem and Flag Fork.

• Meteorologist
2 minutes ago, FortySixAnd32 said:

Any thoughts on tornadic activity for Central Ohio?

Central Ohio should only have strong winds at most. If the storms entering SW OH continues to strengthen/develop a cold pool, that could create some momentum that could transfer to central Ohio. But I don't think that's likely.

• THANKS 1

4 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Good for some rounds of moderate to heavy rain at the very least. Can't be upset about that at this point. Our severe weather season has only just begun.

Nothing wrong with some good ole heavy rain and a rumble or two just in time for those headed to sleep. 

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
Just now, junior said:

Nothing wrong with some good ole heavy rain and a rumble or two just in time for those headed to sleep. 

I'm gonna be up til like 1 or 2, so I'll be happy to gradually feel cooler and cooler air come into my bedroom window. The past two days have been a struggle.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1