April 11-13, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak

ClicheVortex2014

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

Lots of MDOT cameras pointing towards the Jackson Supercell, right at the Mesocyclone.

@ClicheVortex2014

Do you have a good velocity presentation for the Jackson Supercell?

Nothing anyone else doesn't have. This sucker really needs watch though. Jackson is very lucky this supercell didn't have a tornado on the ground because that would've hit downtown 

image.thumb.png.a8f25a622a738c1fe5d67749e9511249.png

Extremely favorable supercell hodograph for Jackson. This could be a long-lived supercell.

image.png

3 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Nothing anyone else doesn't have. This sucker really needs watch though. Jackson is very lucky this supercell didn't have a tornado on the ground because that would've hit downtown 

image.thumb.png.a8f25a622a738c1fe5d67749e9511249.png

Extremely favorable supercell hodograph for Jackson. This could be a long-lived supercell.

image.png

The Mesocyclone when right over 'the Stack' (I-55 North & I-20 Interchange, I thought I saw a tornado on the ground, but there are no powerflashes yet)

Edited by Iceresistance
Wrong Tense

• Meteorologist

I said a couple days ago that I could see today being the most active severe weather day in general so far this year, and it still may be, but yesterday overachieved my expectations. Likely to go down as a top-5 hail day of 2022. I'm also expecting it to be another 25+ tornado report day. Northern Iowa and northern Louisiana is gonna light up with tornado reports.

image.png.89808c657edaafba8f6ec7fc015c9009.png

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

1 minute ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Appears to be a strengthening MCS in Indiana. That embedded supercell is telling us there's some juice up north.

image.thumb.png.ef0ae6c8e47537acc3b120bda5e45275.png

Big time warning box well above their recent discussion. Definitely think it’ll hold to the border but we will see if it can maintain. 

A tornado touched down just 0.5 miles from my mother in laws just north of purchase parkway (I-69). Not sure how much structure damage yet but light poles snapped, trees, shredded a giant billboard. 

BUT...check this out...Took same path as the 2016 EF-3. The DEC 10th EF-4 was just on the Southside of I-69...which hit my mother-in-laws house.  I would not advise anyone to live along that section of I-69.

I'm soaked...straight line winds tore of a 16×20 ft section of shingles off my house. Been tarping.  😐

• SHOCKED 1
  • SAD 7

1 minute ago, Grace said:

A tornado touched down just 0.5 miles from my mother in laws just north of purchase parkway (I-69). Not sure how much structure damage yet but light poles snapped, trees, shredded a giant billboard. 

BUT...check this out...Took same path as the 2016 EF-3. The DEC 10th EF-4 was just on the Southside of I-69...which hit my mother-in-laws house.  I would not advise anyone to live along that section of I-69.

I'm soaked...straight line winds tore of a 16×20 ft section of shingles off my house. Been tarping.  😐

Parts of I-69 is a "Tornado Highway", literally!

In Oklahoma, it's I-44 in the SW parts of the state

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist
2 minutes ago, Grace said:

I'm sorry man... terrible luck lately

5 minutes ago, Grace said:

oh goodness. I'm so sorry. 

• THANKS 1

• Meteorologist
8 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Ingyball applied for NWS-Wichita, & it worked!

I'm aware, he had more experience than me and clearly had better interviews. Since I reworked my resume in October, I've heard back from 4 of 15 vacancy applications, which isn't bad considering. got 6 under review right now. It's a grind

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 6
  • LOVE 1

16 minutes ago, Grace said:

Oh wow. Praying for you guys 

• LIKE 1
  • THANKS 1