April 3-6, 2022 | Tornado Outbreak

ClicheVortex2014

@1816@OKwx_2001@snowlover2 The person in Ellabell, GA was golfing when he saw the tornado coming, he ran to the Clubhouse, but couldn't get inside because the door was locked. And he had no choice but to stand on the front porch facing the tornado, he did not want to go to the sides where he will get clobbered by the flying debris, or at the back where he will get literally sandblasted by the wind & debris. The Front Porch area turned out to be the safest in that situation.

• WOW 1
  • THANKS 2

21 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

@1816@OKwx_2001@snowlover2 The person in Ellabell, GA was golfing when he saw the tornado coming, he ran to the Clubhouse, but couldn't get inside because the door was locked. And he had no choice but to stand on the front porch facing the tornado, he did not want to go to the sides where he will get clobbered by the flying debris, or at the back where he will get literally sandblasted by the wind & debris. The Front Porch area turned out to be the safest in that situation.

Wow that makes a lot of sense. He still has giant brass balls. Not sure I would remain calm at all in his shoes. And like @Tater I believe it was who pointed out how good the filming was. Pretty badass. 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Some things I've learned over the past decade of tracking storms, but mostly over the past few years, is a few solid precursors to a supercell dropping a significant tornado. This is a good example, as is the Texas high-end EF3 on the 12th, and the Dayton tornado. A very classic supercell structure on a tornado day can be a good precursor that something big is about to happen... but something that produces more certainty is when a supercell has very strong inflow. That was especially the case with the Texas EF3 because I remember saying it's only a matter of time until either it advances toward the RFD or the RFD catches up with it... and then it did.

Anyway, the April 5th Georgia tornado has been upgraded to a higher-end EF4. Also goes to show how long it can take for the NWS to finish surveying.

This had a classic supercell structure before intense tornadogenesis. This one had strong but misplaced inbounds and outbounds before they 'met up.'

Edited by ClicheVortex2014

1 hour ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Some things I've learned over the past decade of tracking storms, but mostly over the past few years, is a few solid precursors to a supercell dropping a significant tornado. This is a good example, as is the Texas high-end EF3 on the 12th, and the Dayton tornado. A very classic supercell structure on a tornado day can be a good precursor that something big is about to happen... but something that produces more certainty is when a supercell has very strong inflow. That was especially the case with the Texas EF3 because I remember saying it's only a matter of time until either it advances toward the RFD or the RFD catches up with it... and then it did.

Anyway, the April 5th Georgia tornado has been upgraded to a higher-end EF4. Also goes to show how long it can take for the NWS to finish surveying.

This had a classic supercell structure before intense tornadogenesis. This one had strong but misplaced inbounds and outbounds before they 'met up.'

Not surprised that got a big upgrade. When they said they were bringing in national experts I had a feeling there was going to be a substantial upgrade 

• LIKE 1