February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

1 minute ago, beaver56 said:

I am not a towel thrower, but I think this will continue to fizzle.

There does seem to be less optimism than usual at this range - we usually have a decent model battle going when we're 3+ days out (heck, even 1 day out)....Every single model is trending warm/north/mixed slop though. No straws to grasp! 😂

straws.gif

• LOVE 2

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

There does seem to be less optimism than usual at this range - we usually have a decent model battle going when we're 3+ days out (heck, even 1 day out)....Every single model is trending warm/north/mixed slop though. No straws to grasp! 😂

straws.gif

Lots of factors at play sure. I think the fact that basically all are doing the same thing is very telling.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

straws.gif

Maybe the Euro will come through. I'll go talk to it for all of us. Lol.

• LIKE 1
  • LOVE 2

2 minutes ago, Icewoz said:

They’re like me. I’m too old. Nothing impressed me anymore. I always say, if I’m impressed, it’s impressive!!!

Glad I am not the only one who feels that way. I guess living and getting older makes us all numb to things. 

NWS-Tulsa has a Winter Storm Watch on February 23rd for .5 inch of Ice & up to 1 inch of Sleet & Snow.

EDIT: I'm expecting 2 to maybe 3 Winter Systems this week, 1st system on Wednesday (February 23rd), the 2nd one arrives Thursday (February 24th) & there is a chance for a 3rd system on Saturday (February 26th)

Edited by Iceresistance

1 minute ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Yikes, that's a lot of zR

Yes, that's scary, it's an Ice Storm Warning criteria if that holds true to 1/2 inch of Ice, I hope the Warm Nose Erodes to the point where there's some sleet & maybe snow.

Edited by Iceresistance
  • LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, NKYSnowLover said:

I feel like I should change my picture temporarily from the Winter Storm Warning pink to the Flood Watch green. Seems quite appropriate for the SW OH / NKY crew on here right now. 😄 

For sure.  The water table is definitely saturated in our areas right now.  

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Where is Grace? I need to know when this thing will get sampled, lol. Also difficult with the big cutter coming through tomorrow. Models are all distracted.

There are really two features in play here.... the big 500mb trough that will swing into California and a trailing energy upstream that will swoop down from Alaska right down the Pac coastline to the Pac NW.

The big 500 mb trough will come fully ashore Wednesday morning. The trailing upstream energy will come ashore in Alaska around the same time, but it is rounding the ridge up there, which its behavior is also dependent on what is happening further upstream from there. So all in all, we arent likely to get a fully sampled storm until at least Wednesday night and even then, the trailing energy will be skirting areas that may not have dense RAOB coverage until Thursday morning.

• LIKE 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, NKYSnowLover said:

There are really two features in play here.... the big 500mb trough that will swing into California and a trailing energy upstream that will swoop down from Alaska right down the Pac coastline to the Pac NW.

The big 500 mb trough will come fully ashore Wednesday morning. The trailing upstream energy will come ashore in Alaska around the same time, but it is rounding the ridge up there, which its behavior is also dependent on what is happening further upstream from there. So all in all, we arent likely to get a fully sampled storm until at least Wednesday night and even then, the trailing energy will be skirting areas that may not have dense RAOB coverage until Thursday morning.

So essentially similar to the Groundhog's Storm!

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

So essentially similar to the Groundhog's Storm!

Pretty much... it'll go down the wire when it comes to model sampling. Which in my experience before, isnt that uncommon in these types of SW/NE flow setups because the energy that swings through to create the storm hangs out on the west coast for a while and needs a kicker to initiate a swing through.

• LIKE 1

1 hour ago, cloudy_jake said:

Welp crap looking like its trending the wrong way.... I love winter and snow. But I am excited for severe weather, warmer temps, mushrooms/morels and other wild edibles to pop up. 🍄

Yes, we’ll you know what follows that though, don’t you??

“The Season of Doom”…..or what most people know as 80+ degrees, frizzy hair, dead grass, humidity from hell ….AUGUST thru SEPTEMBER 

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 2

6 minutes ago, Indygirl said:

Yes, we’ll you know what follows that though, don’t you??

“The Season of Doom”…..or what most people know as 80+ degrees, frizzy hair, dead grass, humidity from hell ….AUGUST thru SEPTEMBER 

For me, it's May to September, Torturous Humidity with up to 70°F-75°F Dewpoints, Temperatures from the Mid 80s to the 100s, & Storms.

• THUMBS UP 1