February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

• Moderators

Area Forecast Discussion

National Weather Service Lincoln IL

546 AM CST Mon Feb 21 2022

Once the front settles south and east of the region, chilly winter weather will return for the remainder of the week. Cold/dry conditions with highs only in the 20s and 30s is anticipated for Wednesday. After that, a couple impulses will track along the front which will be stalled from the Southern Plains into the Tennessee River Valley. The first wave may spread wintry precip as far north as I-72 Wednesday night...with the second wave bringing precip across the entire area Thursday into Thursday night. While it is still too early to determine the exact details, it appears all of central and southeast Illinois will see an accumulating snowfall. Once that system departs, cold and dry weather will prevail into next weekend.

Edited by Central Illinois

2 hours ago, beaver56 said:

Off topic.....

Anyone seen Cliche here yet?

Don't think he's signed on yet...I see he's still posting on Disco, though he's basically talking to himself as just about every regular poster in our region is gone...(He's made 19 of the 23 posts in his severe Wx thread over there). I hope to see him sign-in here soon. 

Edited by MesoscaleBanding
  • THUMBS UP 1