February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

• Moderators

Heaviest returns staying mostly just to my south so this probably a good “accretor” as one might say. A slight glaze out there and 27°.   Zero sleet so far.  I’ll see how it looks in the AM.  Z-z-z-z-z-R.

• LIKE 2

Someone on wxdisco stated WAA will move 30 miles or a county over what is modeled. This has been the case for every event this winter here. Everyone was at work was looking forward to a snow day. I rained “literally” on their their parade when I said all rain don’t get your hopes up. 

I don’t know if this is a precursor to spring but we are starting the year off way wetter than normal. The last time we started this wet from my memory we shattered the record for the wettest year on record and I think that was like 2013 or 2014. Not saying that will happen but we had to see close to another inch of rain today. We are well over 7 inches for the month.

• YUCK 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

18 minutes ago, Snow____ said:

I don’t know if this is a precursor to spring but we are starting the year off way wetter than normal. The last time we started this wet from my memory we shattered the record for the wettest year on record and I think that was like 2013 or 2014. Not saying that will happen but we had to see close to another inch of rain today. We are well over 7 inches for the month.

Yuck. 

I coach my daughters soccer team and dread the idea of rainouts. 

• LIKE 1

I haven't been outside but when I went to bed it seemed like it was too heavy to acrete and wasn't on the concrete. Considering we've lived here 3 years now and this is only the 2nd or 3rd time the generator has kicked on by itself....I'd say there's some accretion out there about to be visible once the sun comes up

• THUMBS UP 1

32 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Power flashes and the accompanying "booms" on going. Im clearly underestimating what it must look like out there

Exactly why I happily sent it your way 😊 

Still 33 degrees here. Very little movement. 

• LAUGH 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I haven't been outside but when I went to bed it seemed like it was too heavy to acrete and wasn't on the concrete. Considering we've lived here 3 years now and this is only the 2nd or 3rd time the generator has kicked on by itself....I'd say there's some accretion out there about to be visible once the sun comes up

You guys are eastern time?  Sun must rise so late out there. 

630am right now here.  But sets around at 530 now. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, MaineJay said:

You guys are eastern time?  Sun must rise so late out there. 

630am right now here.  But sets around at 530 now. 

Yeah, we are Eastern and still dark outside. 

6:30 am there “now”????????  Isn’t it 6:00ish?

5 minutes ago, junior said:

Everything here coated in ice. Quite the gusty winds here. Luckily not much ice accumulated here so it’s not a problem. Looks pretty though. 

Sounds a just right scenario for ice. Not enough for power issues with marginal temp, main roads should be fine. Pretty scene without the dangerous conditions. 

• LIKE 1