February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

It's actually kind of relaxing sitting here and following along while enjoying my 38* rain. No expectations or stress. I can imagine the tension is starting to ramp up for our Ohio and Pennsylvania folks. 

<ducks back under umbrella>

• LAUGH 1

7 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I saw someone spin out on I-270 in St. Louis, MO on a MoDOT camera LIVE

This is something that indicates traffic situation is at defcon 1. Seeing mayhem live on the traffic cameras. You know it's bad out when you start seeing that. 

subaru-wrx.gif.fc6d5678257973446b8de0bdc7b49654.gif

Edited by 1816
  • SHOCKED 1
  • LAUGH 2

1 hour ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

Consistent ice bullseye for Champaign, Union, Delaware, Morrow, Knox counties...Still think we have a decent chance at 0.3"+ - especially with this all occurring after dark.

I'm thinking from about Delaware to Marion there will be a strip of .2-.4" of ice.  Roads will be really nasty later on and I'm betting on a snow day for you guys. 

I can also seeing ILN carving out a small row of counties and upgrading to ISW.  

Edited by Columbusbuckeye

1 hour ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Pretty wild how little ice you need to see impacts. Not even a tenth of an inch.

This is what has me a bit excited...walking around the property and seeing stuff like this. Im already thinking about what I want to go out and inspect. I have clearly built myself up for huge disappointment if this doesn't work out 😂

• LIKE 2

It’s  pretty  nasty here in Hamilton county, Indiana.

The temps are actually refreshing, not that bitter cold though! 

Frz for almost two hours  now ….I’ve been spraying ice melt on my car…it’ll need to be repeated and the doors opened/closed before I go to bed 😒

The roads are bad. 

• LIKE 2

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

This is what has me a bit excited...walking around the property and seeing stuff like this. Im already thinking about what I want to go out and inspect. I have clearly built myself up for huge disappointment if this doesn't work out 😂

It would be really cool to have a significant icing event IF it didn't massively impact everything. But ya know

• THUMBS UP 1

10 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

It would be really cool to have a significant icing event IF it didn't massively impact everything. But ya know

What? It's just a little ice, no big deal. See you at work in the morning. 

nc_frozencarf2_160114.thumb.jpg.8609be7d834e7d3f5d7477856c99b50b.jpg

• LAUGH 5