February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

5 minutes ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Definitely putting down some ice along and points north of the 71 corridor.  image.thumb.png.099246344e15415b6ffd0751c8cd48dd.png

That is a heck of a lot more freezing rain for the Pittsburgh area than I have seen on anything else recently. Hope that isn't start of a trend and it is just the NAM overdoing things.

2 minutes ago, SteelWx said:

That is a heck of a lot more freezing rain for the Pittsburgh area than I have seen on anything else recently. Hope that isn't start of a trend and it is just the NAM overdoing things.

Not sure if it’s overdoing things or not, this is typically the timeframe where I really buy stock in the NAM.  Some of those totals would be worthy of ice storm warnings.  

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, SteelWx said:

Here's the 3k at Hour 36....getting pretty warm in SW PA.

image.png.2525596e0c9dbb135a77d3fb60641a23.png

Just now, Columbusbuckeye said:

Not sure if it’s overdoing things or not, this is typically the timeframe where I really buy stock on the NAM.  

I know. Which worries me. Looks to hit overnight for my area though then change to rain so if these amounts do pan out hopefully it doesn't snarl the morning commute too much. Local news/NWS doesn't seem to be too worried about freezing rain at this point but that could obviously change.

• THUMBS UP 1

9 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

I still think there will be a surprise with this. 

Same here.  Typically when storms aren’t hyped much they end up surprising.  

As I was saying earlier, I think ILN needs to up the wording/alerts for those areas north of 70/71, which have consistently been the most icy with the short range models.  

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

Same here.  Typically when storms aren’t hyped much they end up surprising.  

As I was saying earlier, I think ILN needs to up the wording/alerts for those areas north of 70/71 which have consistently been the most icy in the short range models.   

No doubt. Curious to see what short rangers show tomorrow mid day. 

This is a fun headlines map.

It's like IND didn't talk to LMK about how to not create confusion for a two county strip in southern Indiana not look weird.

Then of course there is ILN that is acting like there is a winter precip forcefield that prevents it from crossing the OH / IN border and magically places like Louisville, Frankfort and Lexington are going to get something more than the Cincinnati metro.

EDIT: Upon further review, flipping my phone clockwise 90° yields what looks to be a middle finger like object pointed back at the storm to the west... maybe thats the underlying goal

Screenshot_20220223-214435_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2a0d7a0ed02c9b1917ffb05459106f8b.jpg

Edited by NKYSnowLover
  • LAUGH 5