February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

One of my Teachers thanked me & was impressed by my forecast accuracy when I told her the forecast for the 1st wave on the Winter Weather.

I told her that we were expecting "A lot of Sleet, some of the heavier pockets are convective, so ThunderSleet is very possible" & "The Sleet is expected to arrive between 6 & 9 AM" (And btw, I told her Husband about it as well)
There was ThunderSleet & the Sleet arrived at around 6 AM

My School relies on me for weather forecasts, & the first person to say it to is the Student Principal, I told her that "I strongly don't recommend in-person school Wednesday, Thursday, & possibly Friday" Also told that to my English ACT Prep. Teacher, & she really wanted to have none of it! 🤣
Virtual Learning for Wednesday & Thursday right now

• LIKE 2

5 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

One of my Teachers thanked me & was impressed by my forecast accuracy when I told her the forecast for the 1st wave on the Winter Weather.

I told her that we were expecting "A lot of Sleet, some of the heavier pockets are convective, so ThunderSleet is very possible" & "The Sleet is expected to arrive between 6 & 9 AM" (And btw, I told her Husband about it as well)
There was ThunderSleet & the Sleet arrived at around 6 AM

My School relies on me for weather forecasts, & the first person to say it to is the Student Principal, I told her that "I strongly don't recommend in-person school Wednesday, Thursday, & possibly Friday" Also told that to my English ACT Prep. Teacher, & she really wanted to have none of it! 🤣
Virtual Learning for Wednesday & Thursday right now

Follow your passion and work hard at it. I love hearing stories like this as an educator and administrator. 

• THANKS 1

Just now, PowellWX said:

That’s so cool!  I do that same thing for my school district.  I use a lot of the information that is so accurately provided from this group of weather lovers like myself. 

Yes, the School & my Family relies on me for weather forecasts. They've stopped watching the TV for forecasts since their accuracy levels are lower than mine! Lol

I still watch TV & models, so I can calculate & combine their forecasts & get the strongest mean forecast possible.

• Moderators

15z and 21z SREF update for few in the small snow area....in this general area, right in here. Anything, below the stereo, and on this side of the Bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtray, and the thimbles. Anything in this three inches. Right in here, this area, that includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers.  (Name that movie.)

SREF update.(includes 3Z, 9Z, 15Z, 21Z)    

Decatur - 1.2/1.0/2.0/1.4   South Bend - 2.8/3.8/3.7/2.5  

Fort Wayne - 2.0/1.7/2.5/2.3   

Detroit - 3.5/4.4/3.9/3.2   Toledo - 2.9/3.0/3.2/2.9

Cleveland – 1.6/1.0/1.2/1.3  Findlay - 1.6/0.7/1.4/2.2

image.png.899840a916b424ddafa46f492a7b7acf.png

Edited by Hiramite

4 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

15z and 21z SREF update for few in the small snow area....in this general area, right in here. Anything, below the stereo, and on this side of the Bicentennial glasses. Anything between the ashtray, and the thimbles. Anything in this three inches. Right in here, this area, that includes the Chiclets, but not the erasers.

SREF update.(includes 3Z, 9Z, 15Z, 21Z)    

Decatur - 1.2/1.0/2.0/1.4   South Bend - 2.8/3.8/3.7/2.5  

Fort Wayne - 2.0/1.7/2.5/2.3   

Detroit - 3.5/4.4/3.9/3.2   Toledo - 2.9/3.0/3.2/2.9

Cleveland – 1.6/1.0/1.2/1.3  Findlay - 1.6/0.7/1.4/2.2

image.png.899840a916b424ddafa46f492a7b7acf.png

Bowling Green, OH, Defiance, OH, & Fremont, OH has the 3 inch Mean 21z SREF snowfall (10:1 Ratio)

Just now, snowlover2 said:

And that's why i'm surprised to see some high ice totals on that run if it goes rain to sleet.

The model is like 'Okay, which one to place down? The Ice totals or Snow totals?' "I prefer the Sleet to be included with the Ice Totals to mess people up"

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Bowling Green, OH, Defiance, OH, & Fremont, OH has the 3 inch Mean 21z SREF snowfall (10:1 Ratio)

I'm not following.   The NCEP SREF Plume Viewer I use only shows Defiance with a "station".  And since we don't have a member in that locale, I don't indicate it.   And why do you say its 10:1?

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

I'm not following.   The NCEP SREF Plume Viewer I use only shows Defiance with a "station".  And since we don't have a member in that locale, I don't indicate it.   And why do you say its 10:1?

I've noticed that since the general snowfall is the 10:1 ratio,  most snowfall totals on the models are the 10:1 Ratio unless it's otherwise noted. (But of course, I could be mistaken & they use the Kuchera Ratio instead on the SREF without noting it)

I was just pointing out the towns that had the 3 inch mean SREF snowfall.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

I've noticed that since the general snowfall is the 10:1 ratio,  most snowfall totals on the models are the 10:1 Ratio unless it's otherwise noted. (But of course, I could be mistaken & they use the Kuchera Ratio instead on the SREF without noting it)

I was just pointing out the towns that had the 3 inch mean SREF snowfall.

Here’s what the SREFs use…

BC2BA2B3-AF44-4408-9170-FB802158FE6F.jpeg

• THANKS 1