February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

2 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

The sleet dagger, takes away my ice storm storm but not enough to get in the snow zone. That is cruel and unusual punishment if the GFS/RGEM cooler thermals play out

That is exactly how my area is.  Very fine line.  Sadly, for storms I want it happens, but for extreme severe weather it doesn't often miss.

Edited by beaver56

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

😂 i love me an ice storm every once in a while what can I say 

I dont usually get concerned unless I start to get over that .25" threshold more towards .50". Areas faired quite well the last ice storm south of here with .25"+ or so

Definitely found colder air because EVERYTHING falls entirely as sleet here that run.

I thought you said love me an ice cream storm. Can you tell I’m hungry? 😆

• LAUGH 1
  • LOVE 1

A secondary wave of wintry precipitation will arrive Thursday afternoon and exit Thursday night. Northern locations will see mostly snow, central locations mainly a mixture of snow, sleet, and freezing rain, and southern locations mostly rain. Snow accumulations will range from 2 to 4 inches north, 1 to 3 inches central, and less than 1 inch south. Ice accumulations across central Indiana will amount to 0.1 to 0.2 inches, including the Indianapolis area. 

274607624_322336543271268_610764168495725888_n.jpg

Just now, Central Illinois said:

I'm surprised ILN didn't even issue a Winter Weather Advisory

Maybe with tonight's runs?

Hopefully peeps are hearing their local weather provider forecasts which suggest tricky conditions possible.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, RobB said:

Maybe with tonight's runs?

Hopefully peeps are hearing their local weather provider forecasts which suggest tricky conditions possible.

Agreed. Am guessing they’re all “maybe it will go away if we wait” lol

ILN makes no sense. They weren’t siding with the Euro, the only model showing 0 frozen precipitation in CMH, yet they’re forecasting for (essentially) no frozen precipitation IMBY 🤷🏻‍♂️

BF1C3E2B-B672-464D-849A-5EAA3539A5EA.jpeg

• LOVE 1

Just now, BuckeyeGal said:

What in the Sam heck is this? No model is showing this.

LOL..I only posted it because I just saw it shown.  I am no fan of these graphics as they made little sense with the last storm.  Kind of weird.  As if experimental.

• THUMBS UP 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, RobB said:

LOL..I only posted it because I just saw it shown.  I am no fan of these graphics as they made little sense with the last storm.  Kind of weird.  As if experimental.

Oh I know! I just can’t believe it lol

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

Thank goodness. That map is NOT OKAY! lol

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
34 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

What in the Sam heck is this? No model is showing this.

I think their response would be that it's meteorology, not modelology. I haven't been paying attention to this system so I'm neutral on this. They must be seeing something else or they have a gut feeling or are seeing some kind of trend or missed observation or something.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it ages

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LIKE 1

34 minutes ago, RobB said:

image.png.8b573e72136967aed0de50d6018dd374.png

Live footage of an actual volcanic eruption 

53 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I thought you said love me an ice cream storm. Can you tell I’m hungry? 😆

ice cream is definitely my top ranking dessert...hardly matters what flavors either, until people start putting cheese in it 🤢

• LAUGH 2

9 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

ice cream is definitely my top ranking dessert...hardly matters what flavors either, until people start putting cheese in it 🤢

Mine is Pop Tarts. 

Spoiler

My Mother got a lot of them for me since she Bribed me with them & it improved my Online Grades since it makes me want to work even harder!

But let's not get too OT since we have Icy Weather as Round #2 Tonight into Tomorrow for my area.

• LIKE 1