February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

3 minutes ago, RobB said:

A worthy point....

It is a lose / lose situation.  Issue headlines and bust people kill you for it.  Not issue headlines and the others bash you for it as well.  This is the exact things that makes schools closings so difficult for district admins.  Politics of decision making and mean / irrational people are a disaster for people in leadership positions.

• THUMBS UP 5

Just now, BuckeyeGal said:

We were supposed to reach 38 today and didn’t even hit 30. I have to believe that that will potentially affect ground temps, if anything. It also FEELS cold out there. 

I couldn't agree more.  It is super chilly out there.  I told all of my teachers to take devices home tonight in the event we have issues tomorrow.  I think we get the kids here, but home could be sketchy based on the timing.  I am glad my boss makes these decisions.

• LIKE 1

I'm very surprised that there is no Ice Storm Warning for Central & Northern Arkansas, up to 1 inch of Ice expected there.

4 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

We were supposed to reach 38 today and didn’t even hit 30. I have to believe that that will potentially affect ground temps, if anything. It also FEELS cold out there. 

Currently having a Wind Chill of -3°F, but that's NOTHING compared to February 2021

Edited by Iceresistance
Forgot to add
  • SHOCKED 1
  • YUCK 1

• Meteorologist
6 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

The soil is so saturated, too. 4" of rain this month. If we do get the ice, it'll be interesting to see how the saturated soil impacts things... if at all. Like, will the soil be icy? Fun thought. 

"Yeah I slipped on the grass in my front yard and busted my head open"

Edited by ClicheVortex2014
  • LAUGH 2

• Admin
8 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

For contrast, Portland, ME hit 66° today, felt hot in the sun.

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 2

17 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

It is a lose / lose situation.  Issue headlines and bust people kill you for it.  Not issue headlines and the others bash you for it as well.  This is the exact things that makes schools closings so difficult for district admins.  Politics of decision making and mean / irrational people are a disaster for people in leadership positions.

I completely agree. My rule of thumb is always to error on the side of caution/safety and let the naysayers pound sand.  😉😁

Edited by Columbusbuckeye
  • THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, Columbusbuckeye said:

I completely agree. My rule of thumb is always to error on the side of caution/safety and let the naysayers pound sand.  😉😁

Exactly.  Especially when dealing with kids.

• THUMBS UP 2

1 hour ago, snowbo said:

Just joined today and Ohiobuckeye45 already has more than 100 posts....guess I'm not going to catch him.....again!!!!🤣

😂 i love me an ice storm every once in a while what can I say 

1 hour ago, Andino said:

is no one else concerned with .25" ice under 3" of snow?  It's not fun. 

I dont usually get concerned unless I start to get over that .25" threshold more towards .50". Areas faired quite well the last ice storm south of here with .25"+ or so

16 minutes ago, JayPSU said:

RGEM nudges south a bit too...

Definitely found colder air because EVERYTHING falls entirely as sleet here that run.

15 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

I agree - warm ground/road temps won't be an issue at all.

Never got above 28° here today with a stiff breeze & full cloud cover. Cold air seems pretty entrenched at the surface.

2 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

The 2nd system will not affect my area at this rate on the GFS, but the Mesoscale models have other Ideas . . . 

What model do you feel verified in your area for the first wave?