February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

6 minutes ago, RobB said:

Euro is quite warm in the I-70 area.  Seems very minimal ice issues...

I don’t understand how models vary year to year so much like an nfl team. The ecm UK combo use to be amazing. Now they are the 2 outliers on both extremes. That means tweaks that have been made have made them worse as the weather itself stays consistent 

• LIKE 3

Supposed to get up to 38 today in Hamilton ohio only 30 degrees so far dunno if we get to that today.

6 minutes ago, Andino said:

To me looking at actually temps and whats being posted I dont think it's going to be as warm as they think.

Screenshot_20220223-134019.png

• LIKE 2

Just now, cloudy_jake said:

Supposed to get up to 38 today in Hamilton ohio only 30 degrees so far dunno if we get to that today.

Screenshot_20220223-134019.png

Looking at hourly outputs, I noted that a few models were were warmer than actual when looking at hourly outputs.  Whether that makes a difference with incoming precip?  Who knows but it is notable.

• LIKE 2

3 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

And then you’ve got the models that show .6” of QPF about .15” Falls as ice .15” falls as snow and the rest isn’t able to be identified haha

We always talk about using the higher rez models for these type of borderline situations.  Looks like we will be really making use of the short rangers!

• LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 2

5 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

HRDPS is a zR disaster zone for the I-70 corridor...😬

hrdps.gif

I'm really thinking that the rain line will be down south of Evansville by the time it gets to Indiana state line.

Edited by Andino

8 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

WPC ice probability of at least .10"

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 2.04.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 2.04.32 PM.png

The freezing rain line is coming across radar now just north of memphis so I think these probabilities are a little off unless warm air is coming behind it?

• Meteorologist
44 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

Looks like some of my SE counties are reporting 2" of snow already with more on the way. An overperformer there for sure. 

I'm wondering if we'll need a headline across our southern CWA for tomorrow. Light winds, cold temperatures, "ok" forcing should spit out some higher end SLRs and could see 0.10" of QPF turning into 2-3" of powdery snow. 

Looking like mostly rain here with minimal impact.  Even with a little FRZ temps are around 30, then warm above freezing with plain rain by morning rush.

Glad to have followed the gang over here.  My wife says I need to have other weather nerds in my life because she doesn't want to hear it.  😂

• LIKE 3
  • LAUGH 3

• Admin
1 minute ago, Sam said:

Looking like mostly rain here with minimal impact.  Even with a little FRZ temps are around 30, then warm above freezing with plain rain by morning rush.

Glad to have followed the gang over here.  My wife says I need to have other weather nerds in my life because she doesn't want to hear it.  😂

Where are you located?

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Pickerington.  I saw it didn't show up so I just added it to my profile.

Welcome to the Sphere! It amazes me how different the outputs always are for central Ohio. Literally ten miles separates rain, sleet, freezing rain, and snow sometimes!

• THUMBS UP 1
  • THANKS 1