February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

• Admin
1 hour ago, snowman79 said:

Happy to find this new site!! I lurked around (the other site) learning and appreciating all the weather insight. I love winter weather and all the forecasting challenges it presents especially living in SW OH. You all are awesome, knowledgable and I've learned a lot. It was like crickets on that other site after PM antics.  Great job on setting this site up.

I third your welcome! Glad you made it here. 🙂 Let us know if you need anything! 

1 minute ago, 1816 said:

Even though it's nasty icy crap that is some impressive winter weather. We're gonna need some video of the thundersleet when you get a chance. That is so cool. 

I will try, the Lightning is currently confined to Southern & SW Oklahoma & it will eventually move here, but my goodness, the Sleet rates are INSANE!

• THANKS 1

Just now, Iceresistance said:

I will try, the Lightning is currently confined to Southern & SW Oklahoma & it will eventually move here, but my goodness, the Sleet rates are INSANE!

Sure you know but don't forget to get that stuff moved where you need to before it piles up. So HEAVY. Enjoy, I'm not a big fan of sleet but coming down that hard at 13 degrees with thunder sounds awesome. 

9 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

It's Sleeting like crazy outside right now, I can hear it from my Bedroom Window, ThunderSleet has been Reported & confirmed in Southern Oklahoma, & it's 13°F

The wind is not helping any with the Sleet, sounds like a lot of Pea-Sized Hail smacking into the Window at once at some points.

1 minute ago, Iceresistance said:

There is definitely lightning mixed in there:

A047C760-42C9-4744-803E-77E09AD0D7D6.png

• SHOCKED 1

• Moderators

P-I-T-I-F-U-L     Locations under an 1" have dropped off this list.  If they go back over, they will be re-added.   On the upside, at least its something to track.

3Z & 9Z SREF update. (includes 15Z, 21Z, 3Z, 9Z)     

Decatur - x/1.9/1.2/1.0   South Bend - x/3.6/2.8/3.8  

Fort Wayne - x/2.8/2.0/1.7   

Detroit - x/3.4/3.5/4.4   Toledo - x/2.8/2.9/3.0

Cleveland – x/2.0/1.6/1.0   

NAM keeps pushing the heavier ZR to my north.  Hope that is not misleading me. 🙂  Though whilst WAA in the upper levels can be underdone, surface temps can be overdone depending on high position and strength,  We shall see,,,

• LIKE 1

2 minutes ago, RobB said:

NAM keeps pushing the heavier ZR to my north.  Hope that is not misleading me. 🙂  Though whilst WAA in the upper levels can be underdone, surface temps can be overdone depending on high position and strength,  We shall see,,,

Usually with a banana high you have to worry about surface temps, but NAM says no.  🤔

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1