February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

Between the KMA, UK, and 12z euro i still have a very minor sliver of hope colder air could pop in. However you have to get through sleet between FZ RN and snow, so thats a risk in itself. Sleet is good for nothing, FZ RN is at least a spectacle 

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45
  • THUMBS UP 1

10 minutes ago, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

Between the KMA, UK, and 12z euro i still have a very minor sliver of hope colder air could pop in. However you have to get through sleet between FZ RN and snow, so thats a risk in itself. Sleet is good for nothing, FZ RN is at least a spectacle 

I must have missed today's Euro - just took a look & it actually puts the best snows right over my head. Now I'm intrigued a bit😆

• LAUGH 2

7 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I must have missed today's Euro - just took a look & it actually puts the best snows right over my head. Now I'm intrigued a bit😆

Yeah, something isn’t right with the Euro graphics.  At no point did I see any snow at all in CMH yet it prints out almost 2” of snow there.  Very odd.

• THUMBS UP 1

We're 48 hours from showtime & the models are all over the place with snow amounts, snow axis placement, ice amounts, thermal profiles, dry slot existence/placement, etc, etc, etc

Attention Citizens - this is your daily reminder that these models are hot garbage until we're within 24 hours 🤣💩

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, easton229 said:

Has that much ice ever even been seen? Honestly, what is the record for an ice Storm?

image.png.2fa0ac032055449e1ba8f2989d85aa35.png

Edit to add only pic I could find.

image.png.b4b3bc090697bb8db831471a3a77b47c.png

Edited by Hiramite
  • SHOCKED 7

2 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

We're 48 hours from showtime & the models are all over the place with snow amounts, snow axis placement, ice amounts, thermal profiles, dry slot existence/placement, etc, etc, etc

Attention Citizens - this is your daily reminder that these models are hot garbage until we're within 24 hours 🤣💩

Can the only exception is if the model is generally very consistent?

4 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Can the only exception is if the model is generally very consistent?

I'd say the most consistent global models have been the CMC/ICON with this one - doesn't mean they're right, but we'll see - would be a pretty impressive victory for those two. Euro has been pretty wonky from run-to-run & we have all seen the slow & steady GFS cave to the northern slop solution.