February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

I'm in the minority here but I look forward to a good ice storm like a good thunderstorm here. I'd rather have snow but I love aweing at how ice looks on different objects, plants, etc. And when the sun pops back out for the first time after the storm the entire landscape looks like a giant shining diamond. I look at .50" as that line in the sand between minor/major disruptions. Based on the FRAM methods I haven't seen much that suggests over .50" around the region until you get back in to the plains

• THUMBS UP 2

Just now, Ohiobuckeye45 said:

I'm in the minority here but I look forward to a good ice storm like a good thunderstorm here. I'd rather have snow but I love aweing at how ice looks on different objects, plants, etc. And when the sun pops back out for the first time after the storm the entire landscape looks like a giant shining diamond. I look at .50" as that line in the sand between minor/major disruptions. Based on the FRAM methods I haven't seen much that suggests over .50" around the region until you get back in to the plains

That's why I am good sending ice your way to the north 🙂

• THUMBS UP 1
  • LOVE 2

1 minute ago, Hiramite said:

And the Ukie remains in its own little world.   Or don't we comment on the Ukie here?

I wish! Man every single model has a different take on thermals. Some eliminate the sleet column altogether indicating a deeper warm layer while some even still have snow 🤣

• LOVE 1

Haven’t really been paying attention this as I’ve been below the snow the whole time this has been on the models but didn’t know there was significant ice potential here so I’ll pay attention to that. I’d much rather have ice than more rain. 4 inches of rain in the past week…. I don’t want or need anymore. 

• THUMBS UP 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

I'm lost?

The "like button" reactions have changed in the last few minutes.  So it appears if you issued a reaction before the change and it no longer exists or got changed to something else.  e.g. I gave JayPSU a wink, now he has a "ha ha".

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 1

BuckeyeGal
This post was recognized by BuckeyeGal!

"For offering a website that gives precipitation types for the ICON!"

Iceresistance was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

9 minutes ago, mafa said:

Too much ice on the 12z runs knock down Tropical Tidbits again? 😏😏

No issues on my end for now, there's Pivotal WeatherCollege of DuPage. & WeatherNerds as other good sites for Models (Without a paid subscription).

And I need to mention that WeatherNerds has the ICON for Rain/Ice/Sleet/Snow graphics.

Edited by Iceresistance
Forgot to add
  • LIKE 1