February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

27 minutes ago, Andino said:

accuweather for my area just posted 33% chance of .50 - 1 " ice and 31% of 1" or greater. 

I dont want this at all. 

Well, mine is 43% so consider yourself lucky.  🤣

Accuweather is a joke sometimes in their forecast.

I literally just returned the unused generator I bought for the last potential ice storm. I'm planning to buy one at this rate, but I couldn't get the right one here and installed quickly enough. I'm really not liking the potential of needing one again.

Anyone know how "modeled versus reality" compare for the last ice event in the Ohio valley? It eventually shifted south, two days or so before the event. But did the Ohio River get an ice storm like modeled?

• THUMBS UP 1

Just now, Blitz said:

I literally just returned the unused generator I bought for the last potential ice storm. I'm planning to buy one at this rate, but I couldn't get the right one here and installed quickly enough. I'm really not liking the potential of needing one again.

Anyone know how "modeled versus reality" compare for the last ice event in the Ohio valley? It eventually shifted south, two days or so before the event. But did the Ohio River get an ice storm like modeled?

I have a Generator, it was thankfully never used for Power Outages. (Only operated it a couple of times to test it)

Always keep a unused Generator as backup just in case something like this shows up.

• LIKE 1
  • THUMBS UP 1

23 minutes ago, Blitz said:

I remember hearing about some power outages, mostly tied to the wind. But don't ever remember seeing images of "catastrophic" icing and that storm had substantially more cold and QPF. Alot of areas ended up mixing with sleet though, so that maybe the difference this time. Deeper warm layer would mean more FZ RN

• THUMBS UP 1

• Meteorologist
8 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

Tomorrow afternoon, WPC Chances for at least 1/4 inch of Ice . . . up to 50% in Northern Lower Michigan

Screenshot 2022-02-21 2.38.07 PM.png

Hey Iceresistance, TheProfessor here. Didn't realize you had joined the forum. Don't remember seeing you on the old forum unless you had a different name. Anyways welcome! 

• LIKE 1

• Meteorologist

Looking like a 0-3" storm for me. Decent shot for around an inch for me, ratios will help with that (unless that midlevel warmth really surges north.). I'm fine with that, would love a nice peaceful snow over something impactful like the last two storms we had. 

13 minutes ago, Ingyball said:

I'm jealous of everyone in the green. I can't wait for this drought to be over. 

Meanwhile.....I cant wait for my pond to remove itself from the rest of the yard. 🤣 Its going to be a terrible Spring for flooding here. Not sure what I'm going to do...most of my woods has 6-12" of water/ice. There's nowhere for it to go...the bitterly cold starting in January only temporarily put a hold on the problem...and now that we're unthawing and getting 1-2" rain storms per week...its not good

7fe4dda6e04b44b5e0cd6d4912070f46.jpg

• SHOCKED 3