February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

3 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

WPC seems to be favoring an overall minor event...

Screenshot_20220221-094814_Firefox.jpg

I would agree with this. Ground temps with be dramatically higher after today. A few degrees makes all the difference. 

4 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

In other news....it's absolutely gorgeous outside this morning. Not gonna lie, it's giving me a minor case of spring fever🥷

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

Yes! Going to take my kiddos to a park after lunch.

With the birds chirping, it definitely feels like early spring outside. We even have daffodils starting to poke out of the ground. 

I already took the dogs on a walk, took the husky for a run, and finish with a solo run. Beautiful mid-late February morning. 

• LIKE 3

1 minute ago, BuckeyeGal said:

They'll cool back down, though, after the cold front crashes through.

For sure, but not as much. Hard to argue with two full days of above freezing temps and the thermal aspect of the sun. We didn't have that as much two weeks ago. Only got into the upper 40s here then. 

I am actually glad the seasons are starting to change. COVID has been hard on people this winter and it is time for some normalcy and nice weather. 

• LIKE 3

2 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

A lot of maps being posted of snow and freezing rain, but a lot of sleet likely in a lot of places, too. 

Sleet has been the talk of the last couple pages, most of us are all too familiar 

I see a minimal fz rain threat

Edited by Ohiobuckeye45

7 minutes ago, SOMOSnow said:

A lot of maps being posted of snow and freezing rain, but a lot of sleet likely in a lot of places, too. 

I think this will be another sleet monster in a lot of places.  I look for the WAA push to be pretty strong.  We have a hard time winning a great storm in many of our areas in a perfect setup, let alone something borderline marginal.

Edited by beaver56

3 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

What is the best site to show sleet accumulations? Right now it looks like central Ohio is getting nothing because of being between the freezing rain and snow lol.

I typically think of sleet accums as 20% or so of the total QPF that falls in the given time when sleet is the precip type.  If you get .6 of QPF that soundings show is more than likely sleet it would be 20% of .6 for your total. That is what a buddy of mine said he was always told by weather old timers.  Seems fairly accurate though.  

• LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

What is the best site to show sleet accumulations? Right now it looks like central Ohio is getting nothing because of being between the freezing rain and snow lol.

Weathebell used to have a 4 panel (rain, snow, sleet, FZ) but thats all I  know of. 

• LIKE 2

I believe we're warmer this time compared to last storm. I see more sleet and ZR than snow around here. Depends on the track obviously but I can see ZR poking its head out more than last time. 

Edited by junior
  • LIKE 1

5 minutes ago, junior said:

I believe we're warmer this time compared to last storm. I see more sleet and ZR than snow around here. Depends on the track obviously but I can see ZR poking its head out more than last time. 

Hard to argue with considering how warm it has and will get today. I could see 65 in my area today. Typically bust low on days like these. 

BuckeyeGal
This post was recognized by BuckeyeGal!

"For showing that sleet accumulations can be tracked on a website!"

StormfanaticInd was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

16 minutes ago, BuckeyeGal said:

image.thumb.png.a6e929598d2527dc7029cb039b40efbb.png

image.thumb.png.e329e7ad404e0a1852105852fe2a770f.png

• SHOCKED 1