February 24-26, 2022 | Winter Storm "Livin' on the Edge"

BuckeyeGal

11 minutes ago, MesoscaleBanding said:

I'd say the most consistent global models have been the CMC/ICON with this one - doesn't mean they're right, but we'll see - would be a pretty impressive victory for those two. Euro has been pretty wonky from run-to-run & we have all seen the slow & steady GFS cave to the northern slop solution. 

cmc1.gif

icon.gif

• THUMBS UP 1

2 minutes ago, Hiramite said:

I like looking at these to see what the various WFO's are thinking and how well they match up.  (Storm get cranking too late for us, look at the coverage in NY!!!)

image.png.319d4300850573e1e2101d4ff11fe34c.png

What if the storm system slows down? They have a strong tendency to do that when it's impacting Oklahoma

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

What if the storm system slows down? They have a strong tendency to do that when it's impacting Oklahoma

I'm no expert by a long shot, but the slower the better for QPF however no models are showing that scenario right now.  The strengthening east of the Apps seems pretty well set, it's all the other "stuff" that's in question on the western side. 

Catch 22 for mby. I will selfishly pass on the ice/sleet to anyone who wants it, however, that spells solid rain. Can’t handle anymore. Ground is a disaster. 2.63” last week and 1.34” today. Total moisture content for the month (sleet storm that melted) 5.99”.  I’ll take some dry days if it isnt going to snow. 

8B7CD09C-BDC9-4101-B7FF-94BDD1F84C7A.png

• LIKE 1

3 minutes ago, Cincysnow said:

Everyone on their best behavior, @BuckeyeGal is “ADMIN” now 😎

I saw it, & I was like "Okay then, that's new"

It's going to take a bit for me to get used to seeing the Red color code for 'Admin' instead of 'Green' color code for Moderator

Edited by Iceresistance
Clarifying
  • LOVE 1

• Moderators
BuckeyeGal
This post was recognized by BuckeyeGal!

"For being the SREF King!"

Hiramite was awarded the badge 'Superstar' and 1 points.

Well, in light of the above posts, the SREFs are very anti-climatic now.....

Anyway, without further ado, the SREF Tracker's debut in the Sphere!!!  I wish it was under better circumstances, but you get what ever Ma Nature throws at you.

Lots of bouncing around in many areas and still a ways to go, but this is a start.  Only locations over 1" of snow included.

SREF Plume Tracker®, the mean snow amount of numerous weather models. SREF is the Short Range Ensemble Forecast. They do not include the global models. However the NAM is related to the WRF members.  Great way to not only see the trends near you, but also what areas are being favored by the models. Sometimes they work out fairly well, other times not so well. They are updated every 6 hours but on a ~4-5 hr delay.

The plots can be found here. https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/srefplumes/?SID=CLE   This link is for Cleveland, click on the blue dot nearest to where you live. Thus, the amounts below are at the “blue dot location”, not necessarily the city listed. The tighter the grouping of the individual members, the more confidence in the forecast. (Want your town added below??...just let me know.)

21Z SREF update.(includes 3Z, 9Z, 15Z, 21Z)    

Decatur - x/x/x/1.9    South Bend - x/x/x/3.6  

Fort Wayne - x/x/x/2.8   Indy - x/x/x/1.1

Detroit - x/x/x/3.4

Toledo - x/x/x/2.8   Findlay - x/x/x/2.0

Marion – x/x/x/1.3    Sidney OH – x/x/x/1.2

Cleveland – x/x/x/2.0   Youngstown – x/x/x/1.7

Edited by Hiramite
  • LIKE 3
  • THUMBS UP 1

4 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

Not much scares me about the management aspect, but her being Ohio State fan is pretty terrifying. Those people abuse their power. 😂 

(Sorry for being OT) Especially Ohio State Football! I was scared of Ohio State until OU beat them in 2017, with a score of 31-16.

Edited by Iceresistance
Add to confirm it's OT & date. Proper Grammer
  • YUCK 1

8 minutes ago, Iceresistance said:

(Sorry for being OT) Especially Ohio State Football! I was scared of Ohio State until OU beat them in 2017, with a score of 31-16.

Seems like some doucher stuck an OU flag at the 50 yard line. 😂 

I liked Mayfield until he went to the Browns. Who Dey! 

• THUMBS DOWN 1

2 minutes ago, beaver56 said:

Seems like some doucher stuck an OU flag at the 50 yard line. 😂 

I liked Mayfield until he went to the Browns. Who Dey! 

I really liked Mayfield when he got them to the Playoffs & now has consistent winning seasons.

Now, let's get back to Business with this Winter Storm.

• THUMBS UP 1

1 minute ago, beaver56 said:

Sounds nasty out your way for sure. What are they forecasting for you?

NWS-Norman has me under a Winter Storm Warning for up to .5 inch of Sleet & .1 to .3 inch of Ice

KFOR-News 4 has a high of 16°F Tomorrow for my area with Ice & Sleet

KWTV-News 9 has a high of 20°F, likely earlier in the morning

KOCO-News 5 has a high of 18°F.

• SHOCKED 3