March 31, 2022 | Mid Atlantic Severe Threat

• Meteorologist

Still have the theta E ridge to our west along with the front hung up along the Appalachians. It looks like at least through PA there may be another round of storms, not nearly as severe this go around but still need to be watched.

We have now gone back to a SE wind in the area so getting ready for potentially round 2.

mxth.gif

925mb.gif

• LIKE 2

• Moderators

1074064593_misseditbythatmuch.jpeg.5b9a629a50ee0feca3ca5b2954674d90.jpeg

785675917_newtown3031.thumb.gif.06b0ed17f63e51cb23c439b5f80da680.gif

Gotta be some flooding in NNJ, Upstate and HV.  Was hoping to get it outta here by bedtime but I don't see how I miss the line in NJ.  It will die down, but still cause a ruckus.  Did see one flash of lightning and one distant rumble earlier when it was more intense just on the other side of town.

We got some good lightning last night with downpours, but very little thunder and the winds were really not that special. 0.81" of rain. My weather station grabbed a rain rate of 7.11"/HR at one point but it must have lasted just a second. On and off showers so far this morning.

• LIKE 1

• The title was changed to March 31, 2022 | Mid Atlantic Severe Threat

The heavy downpours were most of what I got. Decent lightning and some powerful wind gusts, I think the wind around 6pm was more intense on its own though. 

The wind readings on my weather station are crap, my house is hidden behind a ridge pretty well. So I don’t trust it much. Here the rain from last night. 

F559E1A1-7403-42D1-AB94-56D8DB0E2C7F.png

• LIKE 2

Confirmed tor in bucks, details later…

Spoiler

NOUS41 KPHI 011648 PNSPHI PAZ105-106-020500- Public Information Statement National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ 1248 PM EDT Fri Apr 1 2022 ...NWS Meteorologists Currently Surveying Storm Damage Near Perkasie and Bedminster Township in Bucks County Pennsylvania... The National Weather Service office in Mount Holly NJ is currently conducting a storm survey for the area near Perkasie and Bedminster Township in Bucks County Pennsylvania. The survey is in relation to the severe thunderstorms that moved through the area on March 31 2022. A tornado was determined to have occurred Thursday evening in the area near the Souderton Road and Dublin Pike intersection. A final assessment including rating, path length and other results of the survey are expected to be completed and transmitted via a Public Information Statement by late this afternoon or early this evening. The storm survey information will also be available on our website at http://www.weather.gov/phi $$ Johnson

31BF6F13-8D79-45BF-B935-D00FE6B07A1C.thumb.png.f17f5f24e10d9611fe9c726c114c78bc.png

• LIKE 1
  • SHOCKED 2