March 29-31, 2022 | Severe Weather, a second outbreak with more than 70 Tornadoes confirmed

Iceresistance

2 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

Wake low probably or something related to the developing squall/cold pool

Looking at velocity there's definitely strong winds coming my way. Kinda weird we get a warning when most of the thunder/lightning has calmed down 

• Meteorologist
4 minutes ago, OKwx_2001 said:

Looking at velocity there's definitely strong winds coming my way. Kinda weird we get a warning when most of the thunder/lightning has calmed down 

That's where wake lows typically happen but I thought they usually happen with well-developed MCSs. This isn't well-developed yet but I'm not sure what else it could be

image.png.c7719328b97ee22864ee9036494f11e5.png

2 minutes ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

That's where wake lows typically happen but I thought they usually happen with well-developed MCSs. This isn't well-developed yet but I'm not sure what else it could be

image.png.c7719328b97ee22864ee9036494f11e5.png

Interesting. Didn't even know that was a thing. Radar says I should be getting strong winds right now but there's not much 

Edited by OKwx_2001

• Meteorologist
6 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

From Wichita

I watched a documentary on lightning and there are 'lightning chasers' who would travel to a part of South America that's known to be the lightning capital of the world trying to capture lightning like this. This dude just hit the jackpot from home.

I slept through the whole storm lol. Had earbuds in so didn't hear a thing xD

• LAUGH 1

7 hours ago, OKwx_2001 said:

Not sure which side of Tecumseh @Iceresistance is on but there's probably a funnel right over him right now. 

I live west of town, I couldn't post here in time because of the situation, my Grandmother said that "The winds got crazy & it was strange, it used to be a lot of lightning without the wind & it was just another ordinary storm"

The Mesocyclone cleared my house by less than 1 mile, it was also rain-wrapped.

• LIKE 1

8 hours ago, ClicheVortex2014 said:

From Wichita

I watched a documentary on lightning and there are 'lightning chasers' who would travel to a part of South America that's known to be the lightning capital of the world trying to capture lightning like this. This dude just hit the jackpot from home.

I don't even like it when it hits a tree close to my house. Lightning chasers? Psychos. 

57d235a003761f7164803dd8a0307cae.gif.913ccf190bd56c3fc4e23f045881c448.gif

• LIKE 1
  • LAUGH 2

• The title was changed to March 29-31, 2022 | Severe Weather, Still Large Moderate on D1 & Double Slight Risk on D2
4 minutes ago, Grace said:

We've had quiet a bit more peaks of sun this morning than I thought we would. Good grief...if instability went up in this environment that would not be good. Lack of instabilty is kind of the forecasted savior. 

Not bad thankfully but certainly has increased since this morning. Clouds seem to be thickening now thankfully. Screenshot_20220330-111500_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21fff4f34894c818907c11b58bfb9ead.jpg

Screenshot_20220330-111717_Chrome.thumb.jpg.adb2553e109ef4f622e9e021b619bb37.jpg

Edited by Grace