March 9-10, 2022 | Winter Storm

MaineJay

• Meteorologist

Looks like the battle is setting up around just north of Lancaster and around Harrisburg. Heavier precip starting to move in but man are those temps warm 38/30 back at the house.

All rain here at BWI with 40/38 so no chance of flakes. See if i see any on the ride home.

• LIKE 1

• Admin

22° with a dew of 18°.

It's overcast, so we will see how warm it gets today. Precip hopefully holds off till the afternoon, got a little standing seam metal roof to finish up. Even a tiny bit of frozen precip would make it a bit of a sketchy job.

• LIKE 1

Just woke up to heavy snow in Pittsburgh. Coming down hard enough it's sticking to the pavement even! The GFS looks like it's winning for this event locally as the Canadian and nam were both pretty warm with rain when I checked overnight

• LIKE 3
  • SHOCKED 1

14 minutes ago, Undertakerson2.0 said:

HRRR sure thinks that ClapperLand walks away with snow total prizes. 

image.thumb.png.e25ab5bb8d6f6a7c5c503e5136bdce2d.png

All season, bullseye even at 24 hours out, shifts west or north.. maybe there's an exception I am missing, but unbelievable how much close range shifts there have been this season.

Light snow, everything except pavement taking on accums at the moment.

• LIKE 3

2 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

Just woke up to heavy snow in Pittsburgh. Coming down hard enough it's sticking to the pavement even! The GFS looks like it's winning for this event locally as the Canadian and nam were both pretty warm with rain when I checked overnight

Looks at those returns out your way! Headed right toward Williamsport region, should start ripping within the hour.

Screenshot_20220309-075300_MyRadar.jpg

4 minutes ago, JDClapper said:

Looks at those returns out your way! Headed right toward Williamsport region, should start ripping within the hour.

Screenshot_20220309-075300_MyRadar.jpg

It was awesome to wake up to a snow band that heavy! It managed to drop our temperature to freezing as well

• LOVE 1

19 minutes ago, Bradjl2009 said:

It was awesome to wake up to a snow band that heavy! It managed to drop our temperature to freezing as well

There is a tongue of warm air about 20 miles to my east that's keeping that zone all rain, but it doesn't appear to be expanding for now

• LIKE 1